This week I completed my literature review map for the action research project. I used a tool called SpiderScribe to create the map. Click here to see the literature review map.
I had a difficult time with this assignment because I have made some significant changes to my research questions since I did my literature review for my prospectus. In addition to looking at teachers' attitudes and practices with regard to teaching with technology, I have added specifically learner-centered methods to the type of technology enhanced teaching I'm studying. In addition, I will only be studying science teachers, so there is a need to learn more about science teachers' subject-specific barriers to this type of teaching. You will notice that I used different colors in the map to distinguish between teaching with technology, teaching with technology and learner-centered practices, and science teaching with technology and learner-centered practices. I hope this helps make the diagram clearer. I'm also hoping it will help me organize the literature review so that it flows well.
For the action research project, I will be doing a survey and interview to gauge science teachers' attitudes and practices with regard to technology-enhanced, learner-centered instruction. This will essentially be the pre-test phase of my dissertation research.
No comments:
Post a Comment